Explore one of the longest lava tubes in the world, Cueva del Viento (Cave of the Wind). Start with a scenic drive to Icod le los Vinos in the northwestern part of Tenerife, where you’ll get a good look at the volcanic Mount Tiede. Then you’ll make your way to the Cueva del Viento Visitor Center, where you’ll have a chance to learn about this complex labyrinth of passages formed 27,000 from a powerful volcanic eruption. After a safety briefing, don your helmet and lamp and make your way to Boca del Sobrado, the entrance to the cave, from where you’ll spend more than an hour underground. The cave includes about 11 miles of explored passages on three different levels, and you’ll have the chance to cover quite a bit of this area before it’s time to head back.
• Cueva del Viento: Explore the fourth-longest lava tube in the world (the longest lava caves are in Hawaii).
• Scenic drive: Head to Icod le los Vinos in northwestern Tenerife for a good look at the volcanic Mount Tiede.
• Safety first: Learn about this complex labyrinth of passages, plus receive a safety briefing before setting off.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Comfortable clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Minimum age to participate is 6 years of age.
- Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
- Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
- Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Cueva del Viento is closed January 1, June 1 and December 25.
• Guests should expect uneven ground and a rough lava surface inside cave and a light, uphill walk to reach cave.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour
• Tour not recommended for guests who suffer from claustrophobia or guests with walking difficulties.