Experience all the history, culture and flavors of Estonia’s capital city on a six-hour trip that packs in a sightseeing drive, plus Old Town cathedrals, authentic cuisine, a live concert, shopping and more. Head out by coach on a narrated drive past red-tiled roofs and Soviet-era apartments, stopping for photos at the world-renowned Song Festival Grounds. Then hit the cobblestone on a walking tour of historic Old Town past the 14th-century medieval walls of Palace Square atop Toompea Hill. Behold the onion-domed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and stand before St. Mary’s, the oldest church in town. Relish skyline views and Gothic landmarks in the center of Town Hall Square. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant, with salad, pork, ice cream, coffee and tea on the menu. Then shop the craft workshops of St. Catherine’s Passage for glassware, quilts, ceramics and hand-painted silk. Top off the day with a live medieval music concert by area talents in the heart of this enchanting city. This is a truly authentic day experiencing the best Tallinn has on offer.
• Tallinn: Take a narrated coach ride through Estonia’s capital city past church steeples and the Song Festival Grounds.
• Old Town: A walking tour leads you past Palace Square, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the old St. Mary’s Cathedral.
• Estonian flavors: Savor an authentic meal, shop for artisan crafts at St. Catherine’s Passage, and enjoy a live musical performance.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Layered clothing
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.7 miles over uneven cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 110 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to climb into the coach on their own.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests can purchase alcoholic drinks, sodas and bottled water at restaurant.
• Children will have smaller portions or different main course at lunch.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• During services or special events on Sundays at the cathedrals, entrance to Dome Church is not permitted. Guides give an explanation outside.
• Interior visit to cathedrals will be without guide.
• Respectful attire is required inside religious sites.
• Shops may be closed on public holidays, including June 23, June 24 and August 20.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions. Appropriate weather gear recommended.
• Time permitting, guests can opt to stay in town and return at their leisure with one-way shuttle bus ticket (for extra cost).
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.