This shore excursion provides a colorful look at the many different faces of Tallinn. You will start your journey with a drive to the medieval Lower Old Town and have a stroll on the cobbled streets. Take some memorable photos on the vibrant Town Hall Square and continue your contrasting tour out of the Old Town. After rejoining your coach you will pass Kadriorg Park, built by Peter the Great, to stop at the Song Festival Ground and hear stories about this historically important place that has played essential role for Estonia’s independence. Continue your journey past different residential areas, including Soviet style apartment blocks and quaint private houses. To have a more realistic understanding of Estonian peasant life in the 19th-20th centuries, you will visit the Viimsi Open Air Museum, which displays buildings from a former coastal farm. Then enjoy some coffee and pastry before returning to port. From ancient cathedrals to modern music festivals, there's a lot to discover in this diverse Estonian city.
• Old Tallinn: See Town Hall, St. Bridget's Convent, and Viimsi Open Air Museum, a reconstructed 18th-century fishing village.
• Modern Tallinn: Admire the Song Festival Grounds and charming private homes in the Kose-Pirita district.
• Viimsi Peninsula: Relax with views of the Baltic while enjoying a snack at the museum.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes with non-slip soles
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over cobblestones, even and grassy surfaces, with 5 to 15 steps and some inclines.
• Guests may stay in Tallinn at end of tour, arranging their own transportation back to ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• On Sundays and public holidays, some shops and boutiques will be open for shorter periods or closed for the day.