See Tortola from a unique perspective on an adventure that ventures away from the crowds with a 4x4 Land Rover journey along picturesque Ridge Road, plus free time to frolic on a local beach. Board an open-air Land Rover Defender safari vehicle equipped to hold eight thrill seekers seated facing one another. Then hold on to your heart as you hit off-road trails that wind across rugged countryside before venturing along Ridge Road, a scenic byway running down the center of Tortola. On either side of the road you'll be treated to sweeping views of green hillsides and a bright-blue Caribbean Sea waterscape dappled with offshore islets and a harbor filled with boats of all sizes. Shallow coral reefs present varying hues of watercolors, as a ribbon of white sand lines the island landscape below you. Your route will then lead to a secluded beach area where you'll stop to catch your breath and enjoy about 90 minutes to unwind with a complimentary beverage. Swim in the salty ocean, sunbathe on sugary sands, and take in the surrounding tropical idyll before another scenery-packed drive brings you back to the pier in Road Town.
• Land Rover: Amp up the adventure while off-roading in a four-wheel-drive safari vehicle on a route across deserted backroads.
• Ridge Road: Be awed by the verdant hillsides, sparkling seawaters and tropical foliage that unfolds before you along the way.
• Tortola: At a tucked-away beachfront, you are free to swim, sun, nap and sip on a refreshing island-inspired beverage.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (USD)
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 3 yards over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 5 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.