"Who has seen Paris and not Cassis has seen nothing." Put the words of French poet Frederic Mistral to the test on a guided tour through the pedestrian-only streets of this ancient Roman trading post. Cassis is still a lovely seaside village, with a gleaming harbor studded by white sails on a clear blue sea. Re-board your coach for an exhilarating drive up steep roads leading to Cap Canaille, one of Europe's highest sea cliffs.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Cassis: Explore the waterfront village known for its quaint, cafe-lined quays, jagged coves and natural beaches.
• Cap Canaille: Visit the heights of majestic Soubeyran cliffs, with phenomenal views of ocean, valleys, and villages below.
• Provencal Region: Travel through landscapes exalted by Van Gogh and Cezanne, en route to the wine-making town of Cassis.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately three-fourths of a mile in Cassis, over uneven surfaces with 10-15 steps and slight inclines.
• Walking over unpaved dirt and gravel at Cap Canaille is at guest's discretion.
• The drive to Cap Canaille is subject to cancellation due to bad weather.