Put on your comfy shoes and take an extensive walking tour in the birthplace of Cezanne, where you'll discover why "Aix is a town of water and a town of culture". Follow your guide through the former capital of the Provence region, which has retained much of its 17th and 18th century character. Step back in time on a tree-lined route to the well-preserved old town, passing elegant mansions and spraying fountains along the way.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Aix en Provence: Bask in the inspiring light and color of Provencal, made famous by Cezanne and Van Gogh.
• Old Town: Follow your guide from Cours Mirabeau through Quartier Mazarin, past elegant mansions, mossy fountains and picturesque squares.
• Free Time: Enjoy old cobblestone streets, with time to shop,
sightsee, or have lunch in a French cafe.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk extensively over even and uneven surfaces, including cobblestone streets.
• Drive to Aix approximately 1-1/4 hours each way.
• Shops closed on Sundays and local holidays.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.