Join a 4.5-hour guided walking tour through the Provencal village of Ollioules, where you'll admire historic St. Lawrence Church, watch local craftsmen at work, and taste handmade snacks in a candy and biscuit factory. Head out on foot along porticoed streets of a medieval village, as colorful blooms drape balconies above you and timeworn castle ruins unfold before you. Walk through the ancient quarter of Ollioules, hearing tales of yesteryear, and stand before the 18th-century bell tower of St. Lawrence Church. Your guide will explain how the cluster of Ollioules' art workshops is part of the Ville et Metiers d'Art, an initiative that promotes the preservation of arts and crafts traditions in communities across southern France. You'll gain a behind-the-scenes glimpse of Ollioules artisans in their studios, witnessing the time-honored techniques they use to create pottery, ceramics and sculptures. Then top off the day tasting the pure flavors of Provence, as you tour a factory where recipes passed down generations are used to make ancient confectionaries like sweet nougats and navette biscuits. Tempt your taste buds with a sampling of their finest treats before heading back to the pier in Toulon.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Ollioules: Get lost in the charm of a medieval village while walking around its ancient quarter and St. Lawrence Church.
• Ville et Metiers d'Art: Enter local workshops where craftsmen create marvelous masterpieces, with support from this creative artist network.
• Provence: The confectionary traditions of southern France come alive as you taste sweet candy and biscuits in a village factory.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk for approximately 2.5 hours over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.