Get lost in the seaside charms of Sanary-sur-Mer as you spend three hours freely exploring this Provencal village's markets, museums and bistros, all with the convenience of a roundtrip coach transfer to and from La Seyne . A 30-minute drive brings you to Sanary-sur-Mer, a quaint fishing village nestled along the Mediterranean Sea that dates to the 13th century. Its medieval watchtower stands tall over a string of small beaches popular with windsurfers and sunseekers — the town sees more than 280 days of sunshine, making it one of the sunniest places in France. Your three hours of free time can be spent as you wish, whether it's lazing along Esplanade beach's golden sands or perusing the Frederic Dumas Historical Diving Museum — Jacques Cousteau, among others, began their diving exploits here. Admire fresh blooms bursting from the daily flower market, relish sweeping coastal views from the top of Notre Dame de Pitie or relax in a quayside café with Provencal seafood and wine. Experience what attracts famous writers and artists to this picturesque enclave before taking memories home on the return bus ride to the pier La Seyne .
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Sanary-sur-Mer: Discover a sun-drenched beach resort bursting with Provencal character among its medieval relics and fishing harbor.
• Free time: Enjoy three hours to leisurely explore the town's churches, museums, shops and flower market at your own pace.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Credit cards/local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over flat surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Optional water activities payable at site and performed at guests' own risk.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Meals, entrance fees, and guide services not included.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.