Indulge in the elegance of the 19th century Craigdarroch Castle and Victoria's famed Butchart Gardens. Your 1-1/2-hour tour of Butchart shows you enchanting gardens spread among lily-padded ponds and expansive lawns. Explore Craigdarroch Castle accompanied by live classical music, while admiring its collection of residential stained and leaded glass, period furnishings, wood paneling and carvings.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Butchart Gardens: Explore the growth of the 55-acre gardens that began with a turn-of-the-century effort to beautify a quarry site.
• Craigdarroch Castle: See the beautiful home built by industrialist Robert Dunsmuir in 1890, with antique furnishings and gorgeous glass fixtures.
• Scenic Drive: Travel through farms and rolling landscape on your way to Butchart and Craigdarroch.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to manage a gradual uphill walk to the castle.
• There are 89 steps throughout the castle.
• A small flight of stairs leads in and out of the castle with the remainder being internal, leading to the different floor levels.
• Children may participate in a specially designed Garden Discovery at Butchart.
• Selfie-sticks are not permitted for use in the castle.
• No smoking is permitted anywhere on the premises at the Butchart Gardens or at Craigdarroch Castle. Thank you for your cooperation.