Spend the day discovering Malta’s long history on a combined walking and bus tour that encompasses the Baroque grandeur of Valletta; medieval Mdina, the country’s former capital; and three Neolithic temples older than Egypt’s pyramids. Marvel at palaces, gardens and churches. Enjoy a delicious lunch at a resort. Plus enjoy free time at Mdina Glass and the Gold Market, where you can watch local artisans demonstrate the art of glass-blowing, plus shop for treasures to take home.
• Valletta: Teeming with Baroque palaces, gardens and churches, Valletta was given the nickname Superbissima, or Most Proud.
• Mdina: This medieval town, one of the highest points on the island, features a 9th-century cathedral.
• Lunch and free time: Enjoy lunch as well as free time to shop and enjoy local artisans at work.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• Must walk about 1 mile over even and cobblestone surfaces with 20 steps at cathedral and palace. No exposed shoulders or knees in cathedral.
• No tank tops or shorts in cathedral.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with preexisting neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition, must take particular caution when selecting a tour, particularly tours categorized as “strenuous.”
• Guests must consult with their physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.