Take your sightseeing to a new level – literally – on a three-hour adventure that will have you walking along the rooftops of Stockholm buildings, relishing sweeping city views before a guided stroll through historic Gamla Stan. On the small islet of Riddarholmen, in the center of the city, you'll meet a team of professional guides who will strap you into a harness and safety helmet. Connected to a sturdy, custom-built wire system, you'll step on foot along a metal walkway situated on the roof of the old Parliament building, 140 feet above the street. Feel the thrill of taking in unbeatable 360-degree views of Sweden's capital city, from its cathedral spires and City Hall to its palaces and collection of islands. Then come back down to earth for a street-level walking tour of Gamla Stan, the oldest part of the city. Your route takes you past the stately Royal Palace, 13th-century Storkyrkan Cathedral, colorful facades in Stortorget square and the old Stock Exchange Building dating from the late 1700s. This is one unforgettable experience reserved for the most daring thrill seekers.
• Riddarholmen: Take an exhilarating sightseeing walk on the old Parliament building's rooftop with expert guides, a safety harness, and helmet.
• Stockholm: Stand 140 feet above the street, admiring sweeping views of the city's skyline, palaces, prison, and cathedral spires.
• Gamla Stan: Wander this historic quarter's streets with a knowledgeable guide past the Royal Palace, Stortorget square and more landmarks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Flat closed-toe shoes
• Jacket or sweater
• Long shorts or trousers
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .6 miles over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guest must not have had a hip replacement or knee operation in the previous 3-4 months.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with a fear of heights should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance should not select this tour.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Guests are strictly prohibited from being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• A helmet and safety harness connected to a wire system must be used during walk.
• No skirts or dresses.
• Guests under 18 years must be accompanied by a participating parent.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.