Take the plunge and discover the wonders of the aquatic world through an entry-level scuba diving certification program that includes interactive knowledge development, confined dives in the onboard pool, as well as two open water dives. The PADI Open Water Dive Course is among the world?s most popular and widely recognized scuba courses ? and it?s suitable for divers of all levels. You?ll begin by studying the basic principles of scuba diving and safety-related skills using the Open Water Diver Touch tablet app. Then it?s time to hit the water: within the safe and shallow surroundings of your ship?s onboard pool, you?ll be led by expert dive instructors through two confined water dives, complete with all the necessary scuba gear. Once you are comfortable in the water, you?ll head out by boat at two different cruise ports to experience two-tank dives at some of the world?s most spectacular underwater destinations. At the end of your certification course, you?ll be equipped to execute dives independently in depths of up to 60 feet.
• Scuba overview: Learn the basics of scuba safety, planning and equipment through a comprehensive, entry-level certification course.
• Confined water dives: Join highly adept PADI dive instructors for an introductory lesson in the shallows of your ship?s pool.
• Open water dives: Jump feet-first into the ocean at two different ports to explore coral reefs and encounter marine life.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Regulator, buoyancy compensation vest, mask, fins, snorkel, tanks, and weights provided.
• Pregnant women should not select this tour.
• A signed letter of authorization from a medical doctor to dive will be needed if any part of the waiver form is completed with a yes.
• No prior scuba diving experience required.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.