Enjoy a scenic motorcoach ride past the villas and coves along Route des Sanguinaires to one of Ajaccio’s beautiful public beaches. Rent a sunbed and umbrella and admire the mountains. Plunge into the clear turquoise Mediterranean. Go for a stroll in search of a secluded spot by the palms, or try your hand at the water sports available. Your coach escort will tell you where and when to meet for the return to port.
• Ajaccio Beaches: Enjoy approximately 2 1/2 hours to tan, swim, nap under an umbrella, or take advantage of water sports rentals.
• Beach Amenities: Rent a sunbed and umbrella, choose among offered sports activities, or patronize nearby venues for snacks and drinks.
• Scenic Drive: The ride to the beach passes lovely villas and coves along the coastal route of Route des Sanguinaries.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun Protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Sunglasses and hat
• Comfortable footwear
• Change of clothes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Topless sunbathing is permitted and local amenities and cleanliness are not guaranteed.
• Weather and water conditions are checked daily and guests are updated on beach location chosen.
• Beaches are public and free time lasts from 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours.
• Sun beds and umbrellas are available for rent at the beach on first- come, first-served basis.
• Availability not guaranteed.
• Water sports activities are available at the beach for an extra cost and are not part of the tour package.
• Small venues offer refreshments or light snack at guests' own expense.
• Euros are required for purchases at beaches as credit cards and foreign currencies are not accepted.
• There are no changing facilities on listed beaches; public restrooms are also hard to find.
• Swimming is at guest discretion and risk; there are no lifeguards on duty.
• This is not a shuttle service.
• Guests who miss the scheduled departure from the beach must return to the ship at their own expense.
• There is no taxi stand and therefore taxi service is not guaranteed.
• Guests wishing to use bar/cafe facilities will be expected to purchase a drink.