Pedal back to the 19th century, when Bizkaia was one of the most powerful industrial areas in Europe. At La Arboleda Mountain, enjoy a panoramic view of the old mining valley. See the cable railway used by the miners, leading you to the top of La Reineta. Cycle past where the local bourgeoisie once lived. Plus visit Getxo to photograph Vizcaya Bridge, the world’s oldest transporter bridge as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Half-day mountain-biking adventure: Discover the area’s rich industrial past while taking in gorgeous mountain scenery.
• Cable railway: Follow the route used by miners to the top a hill 1,300-plus feet above sea level.
• Vizcaya Bridge: Built in 1893, it’s considered one of the most outstanding constructions of the European Industrial Revolution.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Comfortable clothing
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Tour is considered physically strenuous.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.