Settle in a kayak and paddle your way in the Sea of Cadiz along La Caleta beach, located in the historic city center. Long ago, this natural harbor was a place for Phoenicians, Carthaginians and Romans to drop anchor. Today it’s a popular city beach, the setting for many films, including Die Another Day and Alatriste, among others. And now it’s your launching point for an adventure to remember. You’ll take one of three different routes, depending on wind conditions. Paddle by the city’s beautiful, yellow-domed cathedral, a baroque neoclassical structure that opened its doors in 1838. Kayak along the Alameda Apodaca, a beautiful walkway running parallel to the bay. Or venture toward two forts — the 17th-century star-shaped Castillo de Santa Catalina, now a cultural center, and Castillo de San Sebastian, used for centuries to protect the city.
• Three-hour kayaking adventure: Launch from La Caleta, a popular city beach, for a paddle around the Sea of Cadiz.
• Famous beach: Here, Halle Berry emerged from the ocean in the James Bond film Die Another Day.
• Three routes: Depending on the weather, journey to the cathedral, Alameda Apodaca or two historic forts.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottle of water
• Towel (from ship)
• Change of clothes
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit and cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Flip-flop shoes
• Tour subject to weather conditions and tides.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with respiratory problems may not select this tour.
• Pregnant guests should not take this tour.
• Guests must be at least 12 years of age to take this tour.
• Guest weighing more than 220 pounds may not take this tour.