Explore the highlights of Rome. This family excursion limits your guided tour so you can spend approx. two hours exploring the sites on your own. You?ll travel along a scenic 90-minute route to Civitavecchia. Upon arriving, your knowledgeable guide will take you to marvel at the classical architecture of the Colosseum (exterior view). Here you will learn how gladiators, Christians, and wild animals battled to the death while 50,000 people seated throughout the amphitheater watched in amazement. You?ll walk to the exterior of the rectangular Roman Forum where you will learn how people met and conducted business transactions. The Arch of Titus is located near the Forum. It was erected in 81 AD by Domitian to commemorate family, politics, and religion. You?ll continue to Venice Square to view the Altare Della Patria and then to Navona Square, which features beautiful architecture within its church and fountain. Then walk to ?The Leonardo da Vinci Machines Exhibition? housed inside the historical Palazzo della Cancelleria. Here discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci and his inventions such flying machines , an armoured tank, a bicycle, a hydraulic saw, and many other inventions: the exhibition presents about fifty full scale machines fully operational based on Leonardo da Vinci?s drawings . At the end of the guided visit every family will check if they got inspired with an enjoyable trial. Every child will receive a prize from the Leonardo's exhibition bookshop. Proceed to Campo de? Fiori where you will have approximately 2 hours of free time to shop and explore the treasures of Rome or have lunch on your own. Please note that lunch is not included.
• Colosseum & Roman Forum: See the enormous amphitheater where gladiators, Christians and wild animals battled to the death and the ruins of the political & cultural center of ancient Rome from an exterior view .
• Navona Square: The picturesque and lively area is built on the former Stadium of Domitian.
• The Leonardo da Vinci Machines Exhibition in Rome: which houses full scale machines of Leonardo Da Vinci?s inventions.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather appropriate clothing
• The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 90 minutes each way and subject to traffic conditions.
Guests walk two miles over even and cobblestone surfaces with some steps.
• Guests will have approximately two hours of free time.
This tour is not suggested for guests with walking difficulties or using a wheelchair.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able bodied companion.
Lunch is at the guest's own expense. Guests will have approximately 2 hours of free time for lunch and independent exploration.
• No backpacks, suitcases, trolleys, large items allowed in Colosseum and Roman Forum.
Overcrowding and possible closures may occur during the Jubilee Year.
• The order of the tour may be reversed.
Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
There is usually a long line to enter the Colosseum and a ticket is required (ticket for the Colosseum is not included).
• No backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags/objects allowed in Colosseum and Roman Forum. Lockers are not available at those sights. There is a safety restriction at the Colosseum and a limit of 3000 visitors who can visit it at once, if this limit is reached the access will be denied until safety conditions will be guaranteed again.
• Due to the latest events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited.
Please note that ongoing restoration/ maintenance work is often being carried out at the various venues visited
• The order of the tour may be reversed or altered depending on traffic or local conditions.
On Sundays and public holidays the majority of the shops will be closed and only souvenir shops will be open.