Discover the natural beauty of the Curonian Peninsula on a tour that combines a beach break and a walk through an evergreen pine forest. You’ll relax and play on a certified Blue Flag beach, a beautiful, honey-colored stretch of sand that meets stringent environmental and quality standards. In fact the entire Curonian Peninsula is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, because of ongoing efforts put in place more than a century ago to stabilize and reforest the area, thus preserving the fragile coastline.
A quick ferry ride takes you away from the bustle of town to the sparkling coast. Enjoy a walk through the forest on your way to the beach, where you’ll have a couple of hours to lounge in a beach chair, take a stroll, go for a relaxing swim or paddle out into the Baltic Sea. If you’re hungry, snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at a nearby cafe. Then head back through the forest for your ferry ride back. After your tour, Old Town Klaipeda is within walking distance should you wish to do some exploring before returning to your ship.
• Half-day tour: Discover the natural beauty of the Curonian Peninsula; walk through an evergreen pine forest, enjoy a beach break.
• UNESCO World Heritage Site: The Curonian Peninsula is recognized for the preservation of its fragile coastline.
• Blue Flag Beach: Relax and play on a beautiful honey-colored beach that meets stringent environmental and quality standards.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Swimsuit and cover-up or light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes (flip-flops recommended)
• Tour involves about 1.5 miles of walking over flat, paved, sandy and uneven surfaces.
• Tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.