Enjoy a thrilling exploration of the mysterious and historic Lipa Cave. This cave is one of the biggest cave monuments in Montenegro. It begins in the village of Lipa and extends all the way to the mountains that sit above the Adriatic Sea. Your tour leaves Kotor and proceeds on a scenic 90-minute drive that passes beautiful landscapes and magnificent churches from the 12th and 15th centuries. Once you arrive at Lipa Cave, your adventure will begin in the parking lot. A tourist train picks you up and takes you to the cave?s entrance. A well-trained, local guide welcomes you and accompanies you through the long tunnel to the underground world. The cave opened to the public in 2014, but it was visited by many explorers during the 19th century and has been admired for its karstic features. As you learn about its discovery and environmental conservation efforts, you?ll explore its old trails, wide passageways, and large chambers. You?ll also discover its underground river, lakes and pools. Several impressive stalactites and stalagmites in different sizes and colors appear in different forms and morph into fascinating shadows. Afterwards, continue by coach to Njegusi Village for free time to enjoy a tasty snack and souvenir shop on your own.
• Lipa Cave: Enjoy a walking tour will provide you a unique and memorable experience of captivating underground cave.
• Scenic drive: Ride along Budva Riviera and view magnificent panoramic views of numerous seaside villages.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Warm clothes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• The caves temperatures vary between 10 and 12 °C.
• Guests walk asphalt, cobblestone and paved paths.
• Guests may walk in mud and slippery trails.
• Pregnant women and guest with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Snacks are available for purchase at the Njegusi Village but not included in the tour price.