As a detective hired by the steering committee of the 1996 American Film Festival of Deauville, your mission is to find the bandit who stole the film reel of one of the best movies to be screened at this renowned festival. With your team of sleuths, you’ll set out on a 2.5-hour investigation through the seaside town of Deauville, an elegant resort town frequented by movie stars and celebrities. As you venture around its mythical places, you’ll use innovative technology to scan barcodes hidden in different places throughout the city, which unlock a series of riddles, puzzles and multiple choice questions that appear on a digital screen flasher. If you can answer correctly they’ll each lead you onto your next destination — and eventually to finding the film reel and arresting the thief.
• Be a Detective: Find the robber who stole a film reel from the 1996 American Film Festival of Deauville.
• Investigation Route: Explore Deauville’s seaside enclave using a digital screen flasher to scan barcodes hidden around town.
• Solve the Mystery: Answer a series of riddles and questions and you’ll soon discover the film reel and brazen thief.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 500 yards.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.