Embark on a journey through a lunar-like landscape of huge volcanic craters and lava-carved gorges, tubes and canals. This four-mile walk takes you through Volcanoes Natural Park in Lanzarote's Timanfaya National Park, where stark beauty, eerie silence, and bizarrely shaped geological formations give the sensation of exploring an alien world. Your guide will lead you into the core of the volcano that erupted in the 1730s, creating the vast lava fields of Timanfaya.
• Timanfaya National Park: Low rainfall and the resulting lack of erosion have preserved vast landscapes devastated by previous volcanic eruptions.
• Lunar Landscapes: Feel like you're exploring an alien world as you pass volcanic craters, lava gorges, tubes and canals.
• Into a Volcano: Step into the core of a volcano whose eruptions created this starkly beautiful landscape in the 1730s.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Backpack for belongings
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather appropriate loose-fitting clothing
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Total hiking time is approximately 3-1/2 hours over approximately four miles, depending on group's speed.
• Guests must be aware that there are certain inherent risks involved in any hiking excursion.
• No restroom facilities available during hike.
• Tour operates in all weather conditions.