Travel to Nerja and experience one of Europe's most amazing underground spectacles - a vast natural cathedral of massive, multi-colored stalactites and stalagmites formed over millions of years. Walk in the footsteps of Stone-Age Europeans who lived in the Caves 25,000 years ago, passing flower-shaped crystal clusters, towering columns and pillars - and the glass-encased skeleton of one former resident. Enjoy a scenic coastal ride from Malaga and about an hour to explore the town of Nerja.
• Caves of Nerja: Marvel at glittering, flower-shaped crystal clusters and majestic, multi-colored stalactites and stalagmites.
• Cave Structures: Admire the Cataclysm Chamber column, Hall of the Nativity, Hall of the Tusk, and Hall of the Cascade.
• Malaga to Nerja: Enjoy views of the Mediterranean, coastal villages and a 19th-century aqueduct built in the ancient Roman style.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes with non-slip soles
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over narrow, uneven surfaces, with uphill grades and more than 100 steps.
• Guests will have approximately 45 minutes to view the caves and, time permitting, approximately one hour free time in Nerja.