Delight in Sicily's sights and flavors as you explore charming Taormina before indulging in a Sicilian wine tasting and visit a local jewelry shop. Enjoy 75 minutes freely roaming Taormina's Corso Umberto shopping promenade and impressive Greek theater. Travel a scenic route past Mount Etna's solidified lava streams to taste wine made with grapes harvested in the volcano's lava-enriched soil. Watch Gival jewelers create sparkly pieces from gold, Mediterranean corals and Mount Etna's lava.
• Taormina: Spend 1-1/4 hours exploring a Sicilian resort town with pedestrian walkways and an expansive open-air Greek theater.
• Mount Etna: See the lava flow and damages created by recent eruptions of Europe's tallest active volcano.
• Volcanic Produce: Sip wines produced from volcanic lava-enriched soil and see gold and coral jewelry designs unified with lava.
• Visit GIVAL, an ancient Sicilian jewelry factory where you can discover hidden treasures, shop or enjoy watching local artisans handcraft a personalized piece for you.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 900 feet on uneven and cobblestone surfaces with 45 - 60 steps to reach the wine cellars.
• There is an approximately 600 foot incline from bus parking to Taormina gates.
• In Taormina guests may be required to negotiate approximately 140 steps at parking lot when venue is crowded.
• On return to coaches, there are 3 lifts available for those who need it.
• All touring in Taormina must be done on foot. Walking is at guests' discretion.
• Tour does not include entrance fees to venues in Taormina.
• Foreign currencies are not accepted on this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.