Get ready for an epic pedaling journey around Naples, as you embark on a guided bicycle tour to discover the city’s art, history and Neapolitan culture. After a short walk through the bustling city center, you’ll meet an expert rider guide and hop on your bicycle. Here’s where the real adventure begins: travel on two wheels along dedicated bike paths and regular city streets, relishing an up-close view of the Gulf of Naples and notable landmarks along the way. You’ll encounter a bevy of sights during your ride: the small fishing village of Borgo Marinari, where sirens seduced Ulysses; Piazza del Plebiscito, Naples’ most famous square; the renowned San Carlo Opera House, the world’s oldest continuously active public opera venue; the Church of St. Francis, with its grand portico and stately dome; and imposing Castel Nuovo, a medieval 12th-century fortress. Along the waterfront, behold the Castle of the Egg, a 12th-century seaside fortification built by the Normans and named after a story which, according to legend, tells of the Roman poet Virgil planting a magical egg into the castle’s foundation. Enjoy a stop for refreshments during the trip to rejuvenate your energy before heading back to port.
• Guided Ride: Hop on a bicycle for an epic journey along dedicated bike paths, complete with a refreshment break.
• City Landmarks: Encounter a multitude of Neapolitan sites, including a charming fishing village, lively squares, stately castles and beloved churches.
• Castle of the Egg: Learn the story behind the unique naming of this 12th-century seaside fortification during your ride.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Comfortable active clothes
• Guests must be at least 16 years of age and younger than 65 years to participate in this tour.
• All guests must sign a waiver to participate on this tour.
• Biking will be on most pedestrian areas or with dedicated bike paths with small portions on regular streets.
• Guests must be able to operate a bicycle across flat terrain for approximately 3 hours.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.