Experience the breathtaking beauty of Krka River National Park. The park sits at the river’s mouth and blankets the foothills of the Dinara Mountain. Picturesque cascades abound offering natural and mesmerizing scenes that you’ll want to capture in photographs. Your tour leaves the ancient town of Zadar and rides through the karst Šibenik hinterland to the travertine waterfalls. The national park encompasses the area covering the Early Croatian fortresses of Trošenj and Ne?ven all the way to the Šibenik Bridge. It includes the historic Visovac Island, which sits in the river. Here, cultural treasures like The Franciscan Monastery of Our Lady of Mercy and the Church of Our Lady of Visovac stand surrounded by a beautiful forested landscape. The educational cave tour will explain the human presence within the region from 5,000 to 1,500 B.C. During your hike, you’ll notice a series of complex, restored water mills sprinkled along the river’s banks, which are considered prized monuments.
• Scenic drive: Pass beautiful natural landscapes as you ride from Zadar to Krka National Park
• Krka National Park: Capture gorgeous images of the gorgeous travertine waterfalls, the Dinara mountain, and historic cave.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Bottled Water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Pregnant women and guest with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Walking in Krka National Park is mostly over gravel terrain.
• Total amount of walking is one mile with more than 150 steps involved.
• Tour involves extensive walking and climbing stairs.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.