Journey back in time to the ruins of Akrotiri, a once-flourishing Minoan commercial center frozen in time. Plus visit the Oia, with its picturesque white-washed buildings and iconic blue domes. Join your guide for a walk through a wonderfully preserved Bronze Age town more than 3,000 years old. Until 1967, Akrotiri was buried under 30 feet of ashen pumice following a devastating volcanic eruption in 1450 BC. Meander city squares and cobblestone streets. Peer into some of the houses and shops, some two and three stories high. Then head to Oia and feel like you stepped into a postcard. Clinging to the rim of an ancient volcanic crater, this white-washed village on the northern end of Santorini is a labyrinth of narrow, twisting cobblestone alleys, fine shops, cafes and domed churches. Oia also affords magnificent views of the caldera and the rest of the region?s islands. At the equally charming Fira, a pedestrian-only cliff-top village, feel free to explore the area and browse the shops at your leisure.
• Half-day sightseeing adventure: Tour the ruins of a once-flourishing Minoan town; visit postcard-perfect cliff-side villages.
• Akrotiri Archeological Site: See the buildings, houses, shops and colorful frescoes of this well-preserved, ancient Minoan settlement.
• Oia: Wander the labyrinthine alleyways of this picturesque village clinging to the rim of ancient volcanic crater.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Akrotiri archeological site is not wheelchair accessible.