Take the plunge and discover the wonders of the aquatic world through an entry-level scuba diving certification program that includes interactive knowledge development, confined dives in the onboard pool, as well as four open water dives. The PADI® Open Water Diver Course is the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. You’ll begin at home by studying the basic principles of scuba diving and safety-related skills using the Open Water Diver Manual online. Then once onboard it’s time to hit the water: within the safe and shallow surroundings of your ship’s pool, you’ll be led by expert PADI dive instructors through confined water dives, complete with all the necessary scuba gear. Once you are comfortable in the water, you’ll head out at two different cruise ports to experience two-tank dives at some of the world’s most spectacular underwater destinations. At the end of your certification course, you’ll be equipped to execute dives independently in depths of up to 60 feet.
• Scuba overview: Learn the basics of scuba safety, planning and equipment through a comprehensive, entry-level certification course.
• Confined water dives: Join highly adept PADI dive instructors for an introductory lesson in the shallows of your ship’s pool.
• Open water dives: Jump feet-first into the ocean at different ports to explore coral reefs and encounter marine life.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Mask and snorkel (can be purchased onboard)
What to Wear:
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• For Passengers who have booked a PADI program course and desire to cancel their program participation, refunds of the PADI Program Fee will be subject to a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee will be deducted from the amount refunded for the PADI Program Fee. The amount of the cancellation fee varies by program: $200 USD cancellation fee for the PADI Open Water Diver Course; $100 USD cancellation fee for REACTIVATE Program. If Carrier received payment via credit card, the refund will be made back to that credit card. If Carrier received payment from your travel agent, the refund will be provided back to that travel agent.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• PADI Open Water Manual either through PADI TouchTM app or PADI eLearning® online is included with the purchase of this course. You will also receive a PADI dive binder, and a log book.
• Regulator, buoyancy compensation vest, fins, tanks, and weights provided. Mask and snorkel can be purchased onboard.
• Pregnant women should not select this tour.
• A signed letter of authorization from a medical doctor to dive will be needed if any part of the waiver form is completed with a yes.
• No prior scuba diving experience required.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Departure time will vary by ship and itinerary and will be confirmed on Day 1 of your cruise.