Royal Caribbean serves up a world of different flavors, from fresh sushi to handmade pasta, to baked goods made from scratch daily, like the popular coconut ranger cookies. The ranger cookie is an “everything but the kitchen sink” kind of treat—you throw in whatever tasty stuff is lying around, such as oats and chocolate chips. This version kicks it up a notch with shredded coconut and coconut milk, which give it that extra oomph in texture and flavor.
So that you can bring a bit of Royal Caribbean into your home and be a hero in your family’s eyes, we’re sharing the famous recipe. This is one sure way you’ll always be in the spirit for your next vacation, no matter where you are or the time of the year.
Dive in for all the tasty details:
Royal Caribbean’s Coconut Ranger Cookies
Start to finish: 22 minutes (10 minutes active)
Serving size: 24 cookies
- 600 grams (5 cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 500 grams (2.2 cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 500 grams (2.5 cups) brown sugar
- 80 grams (1.13 cup) dried coconut, shredded
- 100 ml. (6.5 tablespoons) coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C).
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one by one until well blended.
- Mix in the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry mixture of flour and baking soda, then add the dried coconut until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop or 1/4-cup measure, scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet and mold it into a circular shape.
- Bake until slightly puffed but barely colored, 9-12 minutes.
We know it might be hard to resist, but make sure to let the cookies cool before digging in.
Now, enjoy these treats as you imagine your next vacation. For more inspiration, find all the Royal Caribbean cruises you can take here.