Royal Caribbean is always bringing you a world of different flavors and culinary adventures, from fresh pasta made daily to freshly baked sweets like our coconut ranger cookie. If you’ve never tried a ranger cookie, it’s an “everything but the kitchen sink” kind of recipe—you throw in whatever tasty stuff is lying around, such as oats and chocolate chips. Royal Caribbean’s version kicks it up a notch with shredded coconut for an enjoyable texture and coconut milk for that extra sweet treat oomph.
To bring a little bit of Royal Caribbean in your home and be a hero in your kids’ eyes, we’re sharing the recipe so you can always be in the spirit for the high seas no matter where you are or the time of the year. But first, here are some baking 101 tips for measuring ingredients and a helpful conversion chart.
Royal Caribbean’s Coconut Ranger Cookies
Start to finish: 22 minutes (10 minutes active)
Servings: 24 cookies
- 600 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 500 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 500 grams brown sugar
- 80 grams dried coconut, shredded
- 100 milliliters coconut milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176 C).
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one by one until well blended.
- Mix in the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in dry mixture of flour and baking soda, and then the dried coconut until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Using an ice-cream scoop or 1/4-cup measure, scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet and shape into a circular shape.
- Bake until slightly puffed but barely colored, 9-12 minutes.
We know it might be hard to resist, but make sure to let the cookies cool before digging in. Enjoy these treats with the beverage of your choice (we won’t judge!) until you can try them when you’re cruising with us soon.