You may have been watching the news and have some concerns about your February 7th, 2020 sailing. We appreciate the CDC’s abundance of caution and their partnership.
None of the four guests being tested by CDC showed any clinical signs or symptoms of coronavirus. One had tested positive onboard for Influenza A. Our records indicate the guests had not been in China since January 26.
We have also been cleared by authorities to depart, as usual. However, to reassure concerned guests, we will delay our departure until Saturday, February 8th, 2020, when we will receive the conclusive test results from CDC.
We know that you may be anxious about boarding the ship – we’re anxious too! So, we’ve decided to push our boarding to February 8th, 2020, at 5:00 PM EST, while we wait for the results from the CDC.
We’ve also made adjustments to our itinerary, which can be found below:
We’ll set sail from Cape Liberty at 10:00 PM on Saturday, February 8th instead of 3:00 PM on Friday, February 7th. Additionally, our visit to Port Canaveral will now be on February 11th from from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM and to Perfect Day at CocoCay on February 12th from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Unfortunately, we’ll be unable to visit Nassau, Bahamas.
|2/7||Friday||Cape Liberty, New Jersey||-|
|2/8||Saturday||Cruising||Cape Liberty, New Jersey|
|2/10||Monday||Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida||Cruising|
|2/11||Tuesday||Perfect Day at CocoCay||Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida|
|2/12||Wednesday||Nassau, Bahamas||Perfect Day at CocoCay|
|2/15||Saturday||Cape Liberty, New Jersey||Cape Liberty, New Jersey|
Given that we have shortened the sailing and modified the itinerary, you’ll receive a 2-day refund in the form of an onboard credit. Plus a pro-rated credit, in the value of 2 days, for any pre-purchased packages such as beverage, internet, or dining. Both credits will be added to your Onboard Account and can be used anywhere on the ship.
Please also take a minute to review our screening and boarding protocols. We have been working with medical experts, public health authorities, and local governments, and in alignment with new stricter CDC protocols, we are tightening our measures to protect guests and crew. These steps are intentionally conservative, and we apologize that they will inconvenience some of our guests.
Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt these health screening protocols:
At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through September 15th, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on September 16th, 2020. However, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:
• Canada sailings will be suspended through October 31, 2020, due to the Canadian government’s extended travel ban on cruise ship travel.
• Explorer of the Seas’ revitalization will take place August 2020 given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic. As a result, Explorer’s August 2020 sailings will be cancelled and the revitalization will be a technical dry dock where only routine maintenance work will take place.
• Cruise terminals will remain closed in Copenhagen, Denmark and as a result, on June 11th, 2020 we decided to cancel the following sailings: Jewel of the Seas August 8th, 16th, and 23rd, 2020 sailings, & Brilliance of the Seas August 21st, 2020 sailing.
• Bermuda sailings will be suspended through October 31st, 2020.
• After further review with CLIA, the CDC and local governments, we decided to cancel Voyager of the Seas sailings through September 30th, 2020, and Spectrum of the Seas and Quantum of the Seas sailings through July 2020.
• Odyssey of the Seas sailings from November 5th, 2020 through April 17th, 2021 will be cancelled. Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, we’ll need additional time to complete the Odyssey of the Seas’ scheduled construction.
Below are some options for you, including one that has been very well received by our guests, as it provides a little something extra to use when we all start cruising again!
As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by April 30th, 2022. Please re-book using your FCC by December 31st, 2021. We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
• Please know, taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 45 days.
• If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you prefer to move your existing booking to a 2021 sailing – we’re happy to move you! We will price protect the original pricing and/or promotion on the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category as your original sailing within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date in 2021. For example, if you are moving from a July 30th, 2020 sailing, you can move to a sailing that is the same itinerary, length, product, and stateroom category, and the sail date between June 30th, 2021 – August 30th, 2021.
• If your sailing was cancelled on:
- June 23rd, 2020, please contact your Travel Advisor or call us by July 10th to move to a new sailing.
- June 30th, 2020, please contact your Travel Advisor or call us by July 17th to move to a new sailing.
• If we don’t hear from you, we will automatically issue your Future Cruise Credit.
• Only available for sailings cancelled as part of our global suspension on May 20th, 2020 or after.
• Complimentary Casino offers are not eligible for Lift and Shift.
If you prefer the lower value in a full refund instead of the 125% Future Cruise Credit, we’re happy to process this for you.
• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you. Note: Please know, once we receive your refund request, we unfortunately won’t be able to accept an FCC request if you change your mind.
• You can expect to receive your refund 45 days after you submit your request.
• Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you purchased Cruise Planner Items, you can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
Frequently Asked Questions
For all sailings cancelled as part of our suspension of operations due to COVID-19:
• If you purchased refundable air or hotel accommodations through Royal Caribbean, they will be automatically refunded to you within 45 days after we process the cancellation.
• If you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
We know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next cruise vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.
For the most current U.S. government travel advisories, be sure to visit these sites:
Vi fokuserar just nu på säkerhetsförbättringar innan vi startar upp våra kryssningar igen. Vi samarbetar med statliga hälsomyndigheter, Cruise Lines International Association, och vårt eget team av medicinska experter för att utveckla vår framtida screeningprocess vid ombordstigning och för att uppdatera hälsoprotokoll. Arbetet är ännu inte slutfört, men så fort det är det kommer vi att informera dig och din resebyrå via e-post.
Vi vet att våra 70 + gäster och de med kroniska sjukdomar är särskilt angelägna om att förstå hur kryssningsindustrin kommer att fungera i framtiden. Även om det kan komma att ändras (via Cruise Lines International Association), har vi bekräftat att de tidigare åldersrestriktionerna hävdes i början av april efter vår suspension. Du ska veta att varje beslut och finjustering som görs, har ditt välbefinnande i åtanke. Vi saknar dig - och ser fram emot att få välkomna dig tillbaka ombord.
När vi gick ut med vår globala suspension, uppskattade vi att en återbetalning skulle ta ca 30 dagar. Men med en aldrig tidigare skådad mängd återbetalningar och krediter, är vi dessvärre försenade. Vi har arbetat hårt för att lösa de flesta volymproblemen och arbetar dygnet runt för att ta itu med eftersläpningen för att du ska få din återbetalning så snabbt som möjligt. För närvarande tar vissa återbetalningar upp till 45 dagar från det begärda datumet.
Du ska veta att varje förfrågan får samma nivå av omsorg och engagemang. Och var så säker, din återbetalning kommer - det tar bara lite längre tid än väntat och vi är mycket ledsna över det. Vi tackar er för ert tålamod och förståelse under denna tid
Hälsan, säkerheten och bekvämligheten för våra gäster och vår besättning är vår högsta prioritet
Alla gäster genomgår en obligatorisk screening på kajen, där vi förbehåller oss rätten att avvisa gäster enligt tillfälliga restriktioner.
Vi har ökat tillgången till handdesinfektion och fortsätter att kräva att alla använder detta vid alla restauranger och kaféer ombord.
Vi har strikta medicinska rutiner på plats för att hjälpa personer som inte känner sig friska.