{{ notfound }}

What forms of ID are required for minors traveling on Royal Caribbean?


For U.S. citizens:

Royal Caribbean strongly recommends that all guests travel with a valid passport.

For Round Trip cruises from the U.S. that DO NOT include Panama or Colombia, U.S. citizens 17 and under will be able to present either an original, notarized or certified copy of their birth certificate, or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issues by DOS AND a valid Government Issued ID. Guests age 15 and under are NOT required to have a photo ID, just the birth certificate. Note: Baptismal papers and hospital certificates of birth are not acceptable. Voter registration cards or Social Security cards are not considered proof of citizenship.

For all other sailings, all U.S. citizens (17 years and under) will be required to present a valid passport.

It is important that the name on your reservation be exactly as it is stated on your passport or other official proof of nationality. If your name has changed since your document was issued (e.g., marriage or divorce), it is required that you update the document with the new name or provide an official supporting document (e.g., a state, county or province issued marriage license, divorce decree or legal name change document) of the name change. All documents must be the original or a notarized copy. Additionally, if you are using an identification (e.g., driver's license) and a citizenship document ( e.g., birth certificate), then BOTH documents must match the name on your reservation. Otherwise, it may result in delay or possible denial of boarding. 


For Australian domestic sailings:

For Australian and New Zealand residents and citizens, children (17 years and under) will be required to present a laminated government issued photo ID or passport. If the child does not have a photo ID, the following will be accepted:

  • Original birth certificate
  • Certified copy of the birth certificate
  • Medicare card*

For Non-Australian or New Zealand residents & citizens, children (17 years and under) will be required to present a valid passport.


For International sailings:

All children (17 years and under) will be required to present a valid passport.


For minors travelling with a non-legal guardian adult

Aside from a valid photo ID, a notarized letter signed by the child's parent(s) authorizing the adult to take the child on the specific cruise, supervise the child, and allow emergency treatment to be administered, if needed. This is necessary even when the adult traveling is part of the child's extended family (i.e. aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc). Sample letter can be downloaded here.


*A Medicare Card can be used as the only identification for children when all guests share the same last name. In the instance where the parents name differs from the child, they would require an original or certified birth certificate. The Medicare Card can then only be used to list the child and parent are the same family proving guardian ship.

¿Necesitas ayuda adicional?? Contáctanos

Obtén ayuda por Teléfono o Correo electrónico

Previewing: Promo Dashboard Campaigns

My Personas