At this time, adult guests (18+) must provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination, completed 2 weeks prior to sailing. Guests under the age of 18 will need to provide a negative RT-PCR test result. A Health Questionnaire must be completed within 24 hours prior to sailing. Booked guests will be provided full details before their cruise.
There’s nothing more important than your health and safety. Our high-quality medical care includes doctors and nurses onboard each sailing and state-of-the-art equipment onboard. And in the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, we’re fully prepared with immediate medical evaluations, rapid COVID-19 testing and dedicated zones for COVID-19 care, more critical care beds on each ship, and robust treatment plans.
Two Distinct Care Zones
The Medical Center has two separate zones, including a dedicated Controlled Care Center for the management of infectious diseases. Each zone is equipped with its own entrance, critical care beds, restrooms, and lab collection.
Highly Specialized Medical Staff
Each ship’s Medical Center is staffed by, at minimum:
Specialized physicians with training in acute and intensive medical care, plus experience in Maritime Medicine.
4 Registered Nurses
One of these is the new Infection Control Officer, who ensures all public health and disease control standards are met.
If needed, your ship has access to supplementary medical personnel through our 3rd party medical vendor and our own internal pool of doctors.
Upgraded Medical Equipment
• Hospital grade ventilators
• Cardiac monitor
• Central oxygen system
• Defibrillators and external pacemakers
• Antibiotics including IV medications
• Oxygen therapy
• Large range of tests
• Results provided onboard
• Includes PCR rapid testing for COVID-19
• 100% refund for you and your immediate travel party if any of you tests positive within 14 days prior to the cruise, or at the boarding terminal
• 100% refund for you, your travel party and any close confirmed contacts if any of you tests positive during your cruise.
• In the event of Covid-19 related expenses, Royal Caribbean will cover onboard medical treatment, cost of any land based quarantine, and travel home for you, your travel party, and any confirmed close contacts. We strongly recommend that you purchase adequate travel insurance protection to cover these costs in the first instance.
Cruise with Confidence Program
Cancel your reservation up to 48 hours before you sail for any reason and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit. Valid for reservations made on or before May 31, 2021. Learn more.
In partnership with our Healthy Sail Panel, we’ve developed comprehensive protocols for every part of the ship — as well as measures to keep you safe even while you’re exploring onshore. So all you have to focus on is having your best vacation.
Still have questions about our health & safety standards?
From pre-boarding testing to getting you back home safely, we've got answers.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
or call us at 0344 493 4005