Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alerts
Updated on February 25, 2020
CORONAVIRUS HEALTH PROTOCOLS
We are closely monitoring global developments regarding the coronavirus, and we are fully focused on protecting the health and safety of our guests and crew.
To comply with guidance from CDC, WHO and other public health authorities around the world, we are implementing several global measures to protect guests and crew. These measures are intentionally conservative and apply to anyone boarding our ships, guests and crew alike. We apologize for the inconvenience created by these precautionary measures.
Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt the following health screening protocols:
1. Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:
a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto in the past 15 days.
b. Any guest who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, and the Italian regions of Lombardy and Veneto. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.
c. Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms.
2. There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:
a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Italy (all regions other than Lombardy and Veneto) in the past 15 days.
b. Guests who are uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Thailand, and Italy in the past 15 days.
Guests presenting with fever or low blood oximetry in the specialized health screenings will be denied boarding.
All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive full refunds.
We have rigorous medical protocols in place to help passengers and crew members who feel unwell while sailing. Our protocols include professional medical treatment; quarantine of unwell individuals from the general ship population; and intensified ship cleaning, air filtration, and sanitization procedures.
We are assessing developments constantly and will update these measures as needed. Guests with questions may contact the customer care department of our individual cruise lines.
CURRENT RESTRICTIONS ON CHINESE PASSPORT HOLDERS
AS OF 02/10/2020*
Many countries are refusing entry to persons who have traveled from, to or through mainland China in the past 14 days, and often require Chinese guests to submit to additional health screenings and document review.
• BAHAMAS: No entry for anyone with prior 20-day mainland China travel, regardless of nationality.
• INDIA: No arrival visas for China passports.
• INDONESIA: No entry permitted to China passport holders.
• JAPAN: No entry permitted for China passports issued in Hubei and Zhejiang provinces.
• MALAYSIA: No entry permitted for China passports issued in Hubei, Zhejiang or Jiangsu provinces.
• SINGAPORE: No entry permitted for China passport holders. Ship will be denied entry.
• SRI LANKA: No arrival visas for China passport holders.
• VIETNAM: No entry permitted for China passport Holders. Ship will be denied entry.
*Please note, these restrictions are subject to change and all may not be listed.