Are Cuban-Americans allowed to travel to Cuba with Royal Caribbean?


Yes. Cuban-American persons born in Cuba are permitted to arrive in Cuba by vessel. If you are a Cuban-born traveler, you will need additional documentation.

Cuban-born citizens who came to the U.S. on or after January 1, 1971, must enter Cuba using their Cuban passports; however, such persons must use their U.S. passport books valid for at least 6 months after sailing date to enter and depart the United States. They do not need a visa. They do however need a Passport Habilitation. Please refer to the U.S. Embassy in Cuba website for more information.

Those who left Cuba prior to January 1, 1971, must travel to Cuba with their U.S. passport book svalid for at least 6 months after sailing date. But unlike U.S. born Americans, they will need a special type of visa, called an HE-11 visa, which they need to apply for prior to travel. The visa application process can take up to 90 days.

In addition, there are several companies that offer visa/passport processing services to assist in obtaining a visa and/or a Cuban passport including:

ABC Charters Inc. | travel@abc-charters.com | 877-817-1160 | www.abc-charters.com

Airline Brokers Company Inc. | yt@airlinebrokers.net | 305-642-5002 | www.airlinebrokers.net

Va Cuba Inc. | info@vacuba.com | 305-649-3491 | www.vacuba.com

Still need help? Contact Us

Get support by Phone or Email

My Personas