What travel documents do I need to board a Royal Caribbean cruise ship (U.S. Citizens)?


For US Sailings - US Citizens need a copy of their official Birth Certificate and a supporting Government Issued Photo ID, Hospital Birth Certificates are not accepted (baby feet Birth Certificates). We highly recommend guest sail with their valid US Passport book with 6 months validity past their cruise.

For International Sailings- US Citizens require a valid Passport and the corresponding visa required for entry and exit from the country.

For Cuba Sailings - All cruises to Cuba require a passport book (NO passport cards or other forms of I.D. will be accepted) valid for at least 6 months after the sailing date, for all guests including minors, acquiring the appropriate visa, and the completion of the Travel Certification document identifying which of the 12 general licenses you are traveling under. Each guest must bring two printed, completed copies of the Travel Certification document to the pier on embarkation day.

It is important that the name on your reservation be exactly as it is stated on your passport or other official proof of nationality. If your name has changed since your document was issued (e.g., marriage or divorce), it is required that you update the document with the new name or provide an official supporting document (e.g., a state, county or province issued marriage license, divorce decree or legal name change document) of the name change. All documents must be the original or a notarized copy. Additionally, if you are using an identification (e.g., driver's license) and a citizenship document ( e.g., birth certificate), then BOTH documents must match the name on your reservation. Otherwise, it may result in delay or possible denial of boarding.

Learn More

Still need help? Contact Us

Get support by Phone or Email

My Personas