With all of the excitement—and, let’s be honest, maybe a tiny bit of stress—that comes with planning a wedding, settling on a honeymoon can seem like a daunting task. Your honeymoon should be a dream trip, giving you the perfect mix of romance, memory-making and opportunities to relax and reminisce about your favorite wedding-day moments. Call us biased, but taking a cruise sounds like the perfect option. Here are a few ways to make sure you have the best honeymoon ever, no stress involved:
1. Add a romance package. Arrive in your stateroom to discover a romantic spread: truffles, a bottle of wine, and even long-stemmed roses. You can also enjoy a tray of canapés in your room before a formal evening and even breakfast in bed the next day.
2. Make the trip extra-long. There’s no time like immediately post-wedding to take a long trip—after all, what boss can say no to a newlywed? One idea: 10 nights in the Southern Caribbean, checking out St. Lucia, Barbados, Curaçao and more.
3. Register for something more fun than flatware. Consider using Royal Caribbean’s honeymoon registry so you can splurge on a more luxurious room, gourmet dining or private shore excursions without worrying about your budget.
4. Upgrade your room. Live the plush life in the Royal Suite Class. You can relax on your own ocean view balcony, or in an ultra-luxe two-level suite that includes a living area, bath with whirlpool tub, luxe amenities, VIP seating at shows and dining venues, and for some even a baby grand piano.
5. Go somewhere exotic. What about 12 nights in the South Pacific, exploring off-the-beaten-path ports of call in New Caledonia, the Loyalty Islands and Vanuatu? Or experience glamorous Dubai and glittering Oman on a seven-night Arabian Gulf cruise.
6. Check off a bucket-list destination. Celebrating the biggest day of your life deserves an especially memorable journey to mark the occasion. It’s the perfect time to finally see Paris, Hawaii, Thailand or Australia.
8. Get pampered. Indulge with a facial, wrap or massage at the Vitality Spa. You can even book a couples’ massage to reconnect while you relax.
9. Do a mini-moon. If you can’t swing a long trip right now, consider a quick long-weekend cruise to savor this special moment until you can save up enough vacation days for a longer trip.
10. Make it official at sea. Arrange to get married on the ship (or in a port of call), with the help of the Royal Romance Wedding Specialists who will make sure no detail goes ignored. The best part is, you’ll be able to start your honeymoon the moment you say “I do”!