Whether you’re in the Caribbean, the Mediterranean or any of the 240 destinations you can visit on a Royal Caribbean cruise, there’s a world of flavors to explore on board. Think Italian trattorias, American steakhouses, Mexican street fare, fresh sushi and hibachi, New England-inspired spots, vegan menus and more. There’s a mix of new takes on traditional dishes as well as classics, and one enduring favorite is the quintessential chocolate chip cookie.
This perfectly made, buttery, chewy and golden-brown treat is baked fresh on every ship every single day and served in places like Windjammer Marketplace and Park Cafe. The best part? Our executive pastry chef has shared the popular recipe, so that you can enjoy a taste of Royal Caribbean at home until your cruise, whether it’s your first or 50th.
Read on for how to make these delicious chocolate chip cookies yourself:
Royal Caribbean’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Start to finish: 45 minutes (35 minutes active)
Serving size: 15 cookies
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts, if desired
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F (176 C).
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set it aside.
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon for about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping the side of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just blended (the dough will be stiff).
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts if you’re adding those.
- Drop the dough by the rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets, about two inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (the center will be soft).
- Cool 2 minutes before removing the cookies from the sheet and putting them on a cooling rack.
Let them cool for about 30 minutes before sneaking a taste.
As you enjoy these sweet treats at home, imagine enjoying them on a Royal Caribbean cruise. You’ll take on adventures, like hanging ten on the FlowRider surf simulator and braving a rock climbing wall. And with more than 240 destinations to visit around the world, there’s always something new to see and try.
See all the cruises you have to choose from here.